The Numark MIXDECK is a DJ system with everything the club DJ on the go needs. The performance station has the traditional dual decks and mixer board design with innovative additions that make this device the all-in-one product to have. The functions and features of this machine allows any DJ to broaden their creativity skills easily using the features of the Numark MIXDECK including:
1) System decks that act as software controllers designed to smoothly transfer audio files from your PC or Mac
computer with MIDI communication, that can be setup with MIXDECK’S Serato DJ intro software. The system
is also cued for Virtual DJ Pro and Traktor Pro 2 that can get you started mixing tracks instantly!
2) The MIXDECK has slide slots compatible for audio CDs and for MP3 CD-Rs. You can also
connect different types of external sources to the mixing board, directly or by connecting a USB cable to
transfer audio file sounds with DJ software. This gives the club DJ the option to access countless MP3s files
without lugging CDs and a computer to their gigs.
3) MIXDECK’s USB connection can also receive two stereo channels from your PC, enabling you to
mix computer audio files with CD tracks.
4) MIXDECK features an integrated Universal Dock to record to and play tracks from your iPod. The MIXDECK
also has an iPod fader, click knob, physical transport, and menu controls, for hands free operation of the
device once its docked.
5) MIXDECK’s has a mic input, Record, Booth, headphone stereo output ports that allow you to
transfer your track mixes to different systems and locations.
6)Timecode control interfaces including real time software.
7) MIXDECK’s system is finger-sensitive for accurate performance and smooth control of tracks on software,
discs, and flash drives.
8) Adjustable mix board panel players work just like old school vinyl on turntables with start and stop-time
controls located on each deck.
9) MIXDECK’s decks enables you to add interesting sounds effects that are completely adjustable and
10) MIXDECK contains a set of beat and pitch tools to create beat matching and harmonic mixing. It
automatically analyzes a track’s BPM and includes Tap tempo, pitch-bend buttons and a pitch fader.
11) The DJ system has a complete range of remixing tools for spontaneous looping, sampling, and song cues
access. Bleep/Reverse music progressive while you cut or reverse the track.
12) You can play single-track, continuous discs and programmable playback modes for versatile performance.
Fader Start enables you to play the track for smooth song changes.
13) Two bright backlit displays monitor the status of all of the MIXDECK’S functions.
14) MIXDECK gives you the ability to mix, remix, perform and record with just about any popular music media.
The Mixdecks is both lightweight and easy to use for newbies and veteran DJs and can play off of external drives, CDs, and your computer. The MIXDECK is touch sensitive and therefore easy to control for scratching and cueing tracks. It is perfect for the mobile DJ and is compatible with any music style.
There were a few weaknesses that were noted by several customers who found significant bugs when using the DJ system. Some commented that the sound output could be louder. The system’s unit is plastic and likely to get damaged without the protective case. The iPod’s sound cannot be controlled with the MIXDECK. Aside from that observation, newer iPhones and iPods are not compatible with this unit. Using a laptop to mix digital sets is not advisable. You do better using the NUmark NS6 or 7. The most significant complaint seems to be with tech support when handling system malfunctions. Customers dissatisfaction with the MIXDECK mainly came from its inability to work with certain laptop configurations. Traktor, and even Virtual DJ Pro were unreliable with their connection, causing sound distortions and loss of MIDI control. There appears to be no escalation procedure for system failure in these scenarios. The frustration with the DJ system boils down to Numark not being able to adjust their device to diverse laptop configurations. If a customer owns a laptop that is incompatible to MIXDECK, they have no workable solution to fall back on when contacting tech support. Their best bet is to read detailed reviews before purchasing the system that may give a heads up on whether or not their laptop is compatible with MIXDECK.
If you are considering buying a Numark MIXDECK and don’t want to pay full price, refurbished DJ systems are available online priced at $499.00 directly from the company’s website http://www.numark.com/product/mixdeck or through an official Numark MIXDECK dealer.